Satan’s influence isn’t always obvious. The father of lies is incredibly subtle. Among other things, he has infiltrated the Church and changed the message of the gospel.
In this video Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron talk about this murderer and the influence he has in people’s lives.
Have a great day!
One of Israel’s Basic Laws, the 1980 Jerusalem Law, refers
to Jerusalem as the country’s undivided capital.
As I continue my pilgrimage to Jerusalem next month I would like to share with you some information about Israel.
Some facts about Israel:
- Israel is the name for the nation descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob;
- Israel or Israelite occurs more than 2,500 times in the Old Testament;
- In the New Testament 79 times—never once is it a description of the Church (the word Christian occurs only 3 times in the New Testament);
- The word Jew occurs 84 times in the Old Testament; 192 times in the New.
The Uniqueness Of Israel:
A. David says it is the only nation called out by God for redemption (1 Chron. 17:21);
B. A kingdom of priests and a holy nation (Ex. 19:6);
C. Distinctive features that apply only to Israel (Rom. 9:4–5);
- God adopted them as a nation;
- The glory = the manifest supernatural presence of God;
- The covenants were all made with Israel;
- The giving of the Law;
- The priestly service of God;
- The promises;
- All the patriarchs are from that stock;
- Messiah came from it.
D. Lion of the tribe of Judah = Jesus—Eternally identified with the Jews (Rev. 5:5);
E. Salvation is of the Jews (John 4:22);
F. Their whole history is foretold in prophecy:
- Enslavement in Egypt;
- Their deliverance with wealth from Egypt;
- Their possession of the land of Canaan;
- That they would turn to idolatry in the Promised Land;
- That God would establish a center of worship in Jerusalem;
- Northern kingdom would be taken into captivity in Assyria;
- Southern kingdom would be taken into captivity in Babylon;
- Destruction of the first temple (built by Solomon);
- Return of a remnant from Babylon;
- Destruction of the second temple (from time of Jesus);
- They would be scattered amongst the Gentile nations;
- Endure persecution and oppression among the Gentiles;
- Re-gathered from all nations.
G. Three still unfulfilled;
- The gathering of all nations against Jerusalem in war;
- The supernatural revelation of Messiah to His people;
- The coming of Messiah in glory and power.
Our debt to Israel:
As Christians, we need to acknowledge our unfathomable debt to Israel and to always pray on the basis of that total indebtedness. The identification of Jesus with the Jewish people was not just for the few years of His earthly life and ministry. It is eternal.
You cannot fully understand the Bible unless you know something about Israel. And if you’re confused about Israel, you’re confused about the Bible.
Enjoy the following teaching of one of the best Biblical scholars of our time: Dr. Derek Prince.
Have a great day!