Lyric video for Aaron’s song “ZION” about God’s eternal promise to Abraham and his descendants.
One of Israel’s Basic Laws, the 1980 Jerusalem Law, refers
to Jerusalem as the country’s undivided capital.
As I continue my pilgrimage to Jerusalem next month I would like to share with you some information about Israel.
Some facts about Israel:
- Israel is the name for the nation descended from Abraham, Isaac and Jacob;
- Israel or Israelite occurs more than 2,500 times in the Old Testament;
- In the New Testament 79 times—never once is it a description of the Church (the word Christian occurs only 3 times in the New Testament);
- The word Jew occurs 84 times in the Old Testament; 192 times in the New.
The Uniqueness Of Israel:
A. David says it is the only nation called out by God for redemption (1 Chron. 17:21);
B. A kingdom of priests and a holy nation (Ex. 19:6);
C. Distinctive features that apply only to Israel (Rom. 9:4–5);
- God adopted them as a nation;
- The glory = the manifest supernatural presence of God;
- The covenants were all made with Israel;
- The giving of the Law;
- The priestly service of God;
- The promises;
- All the patriarchs are from that stock;
- Messiah came from it.
D. Lion of the tribe of Judah = Jesus—Eternally identified with the Jews (Rev. 5:5);
E. Salvation is of the Jews (John 4:22);
F. Their whole history is foretold in prophecy:
- Enslavement in Egypt;
- Their deliverance with wealth from Egypt;
- Their possession of the land of Canaan;
- That they would turn to idolatry in the Promised Land;
- That God would establish a center of worship in Jerusalem;
- Northern kingdom would be taken into captivity in Assyria;
- Southern kingdom would be taken into captivity in Babylon;
- Destruction of the first temple (built by Solomon);
- Return of a remnant from Babylon;
- Destruction of the second temple (from time of Jesus);
- They would be scattered amongst the Gentile nations;
- Endure persecution and oppression among the Gentiles;
- Re-gathered from all nations.
G. Three still unfulfilled;
- The gathering of all nations against Jerusalem in war;
- The supernatural revelation of Messiah to His people;
- The coming of Messiah in glory and power.
Our debt to Israel:
As Christians, we need to acknowledge our unfathomable debt to Israel and to always pray on the basis of that total indebtedness. The identification of Jesus with the Jewish people was not just for the few years of His earthly life and ministry. It is eternal.
You cannot fully understand the Bible unless you know something about Israel. And if you’re confused about Israel, you’re confused about the Bible.
Enjoy the following teaching of one of the best Biblical scholars of our time: Dr. Derek Prince.
Have a great day!
James M. Tour is an American synthetic organic chemist, specializing in nanotechnology. Tour is the T. T. and W. F. Chao Professor of Chemistry, Professor of Materials Science and NanoEngineering, and Professor of Computer Science at Rice University in Houston, Texas, United States.
Tour was inducted into the National Academy of Inventors in 2015. He was named among “The 50 most Influential Scientists in the World Today” by TheBestSchools.org in 2014. Tour was named “Scientist of the Year” by R&D Magazine in 2013. Tour won the ACS Nano Lectureship Award from the American Chemical Society in 2012. Tour was ranked one of the top 10 chemists in the world over the past decade by Thomson Reuters in 2009. That year, he was also made a fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Other notable awards won by Tour include the 2008 Feynman Prize in Nanotechnology, the NASA Space Act Award in 2008 for his development of carbon nanotube reinforced elastomers, the Arthur C. Cope Scholar Award from the American Chemical Society (ACS) for his achievements in organic chemistry in 2007, the Small Times magazine’s Innovator of the Year Award in 2006, the Southern Chemist of the Year Award from ACS in 2005, the Honda Innovation Award for Nanocars in 2005, the NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award in 1990, and the Office of Naval Research Young Investigator Award in 1989.
In 2005, Tour’s journal article “Directional Control in Thermally Driven Single-Molecule Nanocars” was ranked the Most Accessed Journal Article by the American Chemical Society. Tour has twice won the George R. Brown Award for Superior Teaching at Rice University in 2007 and 2012.
Enjoy the greatest Jewish discovery he made.
James Tour: The Mystery of the Origin of Life
Taped at the 2019 Dallas Science and Faith Conference at Park Cities Baptist Church in Dallas sponsored by Discovery Institute’s Center for Science and Culture.
UPDATE: This lecture has obviously hit a nerve.